Monday, March 23, 2009

Rejoice and Be Glad



Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated.... So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised. It isn't a badge of honor nor is it something we should pursue to validate ourselves, but if you are living even a moderate effective life you will be criticized. Jesus said that we would have trouble in this world. There will be those who will rise up to oppose you, resist you, and complicate your life. Most often they will be removed from the actual conflict, making no sacrifice, taking no risk, but always ready to criticize you from their cheap seats above the fray. Jesus lived an example life. No, Jesus lived a perfect life.And yet, no one has ever been criticize more than he. They criticize everything about him. If Jesus wasn't immune from criticism, how can we expected to be? Anticipate it, get used to it, and allow it to spur you on. From the example of Jesus' life we learn that being criticized is far better than being one of those cold, timid souls who never discovers the joy of victory after a hard-fought struggle. The year 2008 was my triumphant year it is because of His great love to me. It is far beyond my expectation that my husband found his lost rib last year, and it's meh!! God fulfill the desire of my heart to serve him with my family. My husband is young in age but matured in committing his life to the Lord. We now here in Thailand with great desire to fulfill God's calling. I was able to visit Indonesia to meet his family. before i met my hubby two years ago I and my Mommy Vera planned to go Indonesia just for break it wasn't realize because of different circumstances, and I never expected that the Lord prepared a man for me who is an Indonesian, just "Delight yourself unto the Lord and He will give the desires of your heart". Now i believe in my heart that God starts to fulfill His plan in my life according to will. Looking back years ago, satan is really trying to destroy my life even to the point of killing me( killing me softly... song goes!!!!) Well, well Jesus is our Victory so we always and forever victorious! Amen!

1 comment:

Dines said...

This is so wonderful! As for criticism, it could either destroy us or build us... it depends on how we handle it. Praise God we are not powerless to respond to criticism in a right way!